Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And the blogging begins....

I am not a blogger. I am not a scrapbooker. I have not printed the pictures I have taken of the boys in the past two years, and I'm pretty sure Liam's soccer pictures from when he was 4 are still in the folder they came in. Nonetheless, I am attempting a blog. I know that some day we will get to Kazakhstan, and we will want to let you know what we are up to. Hopefully, God will strike one of us with some techno savvy before then and we'll figure out how to post pictures. Until, then- here is the beginning to now history of our adoption process.

December 2006- attend dinner benefitting Shoahannah's Hope, make decision to begin adoption process.

March 2007- Select America World for our adoption from China.

September 2007- complete Dossier to China. Become aware that the 18 month estimate for China is hopelessly wrong, and will be more like 3-4 years.

October 2007- make decision to switch to Kazakhstan with Little Miracles (LMI).

February 26, 2008- complete Kazakhstan dossier, send it to LMI.

March 2008- dossier goes to translation.

April 4, 2008- dossier clears translation and goes to NY Consulate.

May 30, 2008- dossier clears consulate, sent to Minister of Foreign Affairs in Astana, Kazakhstan.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there. Wanted to say hi. My husband and I are also in the process of adopting from Kaz and are too working with LMI. Our dossier been at the consulate in NY for 2 weeks now. Look forward to following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making it to Kaz. I too am with LMI and found your blog on Suzettes blog. I am excited to follow along on your journey.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! I'm another LMI-er that found your blog from the link on Ben and Suzette's blog. Great news that your dossier is now in Kaz. I'll be following your blog as well! Good luck with your adoption journey!

    ReplyDelete