We knew from our agency that this was a slow time in Kazakhstan because of vacations. Tomorrow is supposedly "the" day when the new regulations regarding agencies that can facilitate adoptions in Kazakhstan take effect. We are currently in holding our breath mode to see how, if at all, these regulations will effect our process. Our dossier is currently in the Ministries section of the Kazkhstan government. This part of the process is estimated to take 1-3 months, our paperwork has been there since May 31st, so we are over the estimate by about 2 weeks. Assuming we don't run into any problems, the next thing we should hear is our region assignment. I am hoping that once we are assigned a region, we will have a better idea of when we might hope to travel. For now, we are just anxiously waiting a phone call from our coordinator. I've never wanted to see "Private Caller" on the caller I.D. so much!
It is interesting to me how much this process has made me absolutely cherish the time I have with our boys. As I was laying down with Zane to take a rainy day nap today, I was blowing kisses on his belly and snuggling a bit. I just kept thinking that no matter what happens with the adoption process, how lucky I am to have this boy in this moment. For the waiting parents that don't have kids, how much more excrutiating this time must be. I pray for you all.
For me, I am trying to focus on prayer and trusting the Lord that His hand is over our family.
fear not, for I am with you;be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
For I, the Lord your God,hold your right hand;it is I who say to you, “Fear not,I am the one who helps you.”
—Isaiah 41:10,13
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
—Deuteronomy 31:8
But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
—Romans 8:25
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
—Romans 12:12
Tutikpost
10 years ago
I think you have discovered the real secret to life. Living in the moment!!!!
ReplyDeleteI must admit it is very hard to do while waiting but I am trying...
Hope you hear something this week!!!!
Marla
loved your post..
ReplyDeleteI am at the EXACT same place... and trying SO hard to enjoy my girls while waiting on my boy or boys.... just the opposite of you..
have a blessed week..
Lanetta Gobble
Those are great verses - thanks for posting them and we'll keep a-hoping for good news soon
ReplyDeleteHang in there, the waiting has been the hardest part, I have never waited for something for so long in my life- sometimes I have to remember to still enjoy each day and not get wrapped up in all the adoption worries! Stay strong! After this process waiting for Christmas will be child's play! :)
ReplyDelete