I have been a little down the last few weeks with all of the changes to Kazak law. They are no longer allowing new dossiers to specify gender, and some agencies are having dossiers returned that do. So far, our agency has not had any paperwork returned, and we are praying that we are far enough along in the process that they will let us complete our adoption without changing the rule for us. This past Sunday, we asked for prayers from our church that our adoption would go forward, and I have truly been focusing my energy on turning my worry over to God and trusting that He has a plan for us (and selfishly hoping its the same plan I have!). Sunday afternoon we went to Camp Widjiwajan with our church for a day of fun, and we stopped at a Chinese buffet for lunch. Lo and behold, this was our fortune in the cookie:
"Your love will make a difference in the life of a child."
I've never been a believer in fortunes, but I'm loving Confucius today!
Tutikpost
10 years ago
I believe this is a sign. Not to mention so perfect!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe wait is so hard but one day we will look back knowing it was soooo worth it & wonder what all this worrying was about!!!!!
What a great hug from God! You have to save that fortune for your kiddo's life book!
ReplyDeleteThat is an affirmation if I ever heard one! I opened a fortune cookie (after having lunch with two other waiting adoptive moms no less) and it said, "Soon you'll be sitting on top of the world." I thought that was pretty good, but yours is just freaky good.
ReplyDelete