Monday, September 29, 2008

Are you ready for a makeover?

I found an adoptive mom that will jazz up our blog and make it not quite so pathetic. After reading some of the super cool ones put up by other PAP I am definately feeling my computer inadequacy. Chris is especially bothered by someone getting the "Rock the Kaz Blog" name before us, the man appreciates a good pun. So, be on the lookout for a new look soon.

Still no news on the Kaz front. Waiting is never fun, but it is so much more painful when you take much longer with a phase than you expected. I think if I had been told 4-6 months in the ministries, I would be exponentially less crazy than I am right now. We are sitting at 4 months of what was supposed to be a 1-3 month phase. At least when you are past a regular due date you are having regular doctors' appointments and getting some kind of updates. As far as I know right now our paperwork is still 0% dilated and 0% effaced?

9 comments:

  1. Rock the Kaz Blog is *awesome* - I'm sorry it was taken! Enjoy the face lift, I spent hours getting ours just right. I think it's just virtual nesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Lou Ann, Lexie's mom. I got your post on my blog and I'm glad she made you smile. I love the picture with her and her 2 friends holding hands before the dance recital. How cute are they?

    I know this is taking longer than you hoped but I can honestly say that once you have your new baby girl home all of this waiting will not seem so bad. I had some really bad set backs - like being told 24 hours before I was getting on the plane that I was postponed for at least 2 weeks. And that was just one of the many issues I faced. At least your bags aren't packed, the dog sitter has brought her stuff over and you've got someone covering you at work!! See you're feeling better already.

    Sometimes when someone asks me a question about my blog I have to go back and read it to remember how bad I thought it was at the time. It's like labor pains. Yeah the were bad but you did it again because the outcome is so worth it. My Lexie was so worth it and she fills my days with such joy that I just don't remember the "pain" of her birth.

    Lou Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting really stinks & last month it did a number on me but as soon as you get a phone call it really is soooo worth it!!!!

    Trying learning Russian right now because since my phone call I can't concentrate & I was doing so well!!!!

    Hope you hear something soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your analogy about being dilated and effaced it is soo perfect!! Hang in there you will hear something soon- and when you do you will run around like a crazy person with a new set of tasks to complete- but just think it is all leading you to your little one and this will all be a distant memory- I can't wait for that day!! Good luck- I can't wait to hear more and to see your makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi: Just wanted to introduce myself...I'm a single mom to a 5 year old cutie who was adopted from Almaty in 2004...what a ride it has been!(Used LMI while in-country) Enjoy this journey...it is so worth it!
    Quaintance

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... that is so funny... I doubt that you are still at 0%. That baby is about to come anytime.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. rub, rub, rub bring this family some adoption luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to let you know I am pulling for you to hear some news soon. I am several months behind you so and I am already impatient. I can't imagine how I will be in another couple of months! This is my second adoption and I will say that everyone is right, once you get your child all the stress of the wait becomes a distant memory.

    If you would like an invite to my blog send me an e-mail at strob@sbcglobal.net

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just realized I typed my e-mail address wrong. If you would like an invite to my blog the correct e-mail is strob06@sbcglobal.net.

    I am crossing my fingers for a region assignment for you soon!

    Lori
    mommy to Madina (Ecik, 4/05)
    waiting for region assignment for #2

    ReplyDelete