
Still no travel dates. Still no news, no updates, only a request to quit asking. We are still expected to travel at the end of January or early February, but since the end of January is next week, I don't have a lot of hope for that. I am frustrated, I am tired, I am over it. It seems that as long as we aren't told we have a problem, we are to assume there is not one.
For all of my friends in Kaz adoptions that do get weekly updates from your agencies, don't take them for granted. Send your coordinators a thank you, tell the agency how much you appreciate it. The cone of silence approach is not easy to live through. Never in my life have I been described as someone who needs a lot of coddling or hand holding, but this is breaking me. It probably doesn't help that in my past life I managed to be sure that a couple of thousand clients were regularly updated about the process of class action litigation. Its an excel spreadsheet, here's where your case is, here's what the next step is. I could complete it in about 15 minutes for hundreds of people. Apparently that is just too much to ask here.
I'm right there with ya, Sistah! I am getting more and more maniacal as each day of waiting goes by. I really think that (at least) a weekly "hello" would help us all to remain a little more calm. Why can't we be informed as each of the documents are obtained? I would like some TRANSPARENCY!!
ReplyDeleteI don't understand why the agencies wouldn't expect you to ask. This is your child after all! Hang in there. I know it gets old hearing that but once you have her home the waiting will not seem like it was so bad. Really! My prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteLou Ann & Lexie too
I can completely understand where you are coming from! We waited 4 months for our LOI while all of the other families who got their Semey region assignment at the same time and even after us got their LOIs. And we heard nothing for that entire time unless WE initiated the call. It really drove us nuts. I will tell you that some of the coordinators are better at that than others - I'm thinking you have the same one as we did.
ReplyDeleteAfter spending so much time in Semey, I also got the impression that the staff there tries to manage the traffic flow somewhat which can cause some of these delays. While it's still frustrating, at least it probably isn't anything having to do with your daughter. Now, go beat up a pillow or something!