We can't buy tickets until we have the actual LOI in our hot little hands, but it looks like we are leaving on the 22nd. It will take us 2 days to get to Almaty, and then another 20 hour train ride to Semey, so that would put us in Semey the evening of the 25th. Hopefully, we will be meeting our daughter the day before Thanksgiving! I can't think of anything better for Thanksgiving than a kazakh spread.
The timing is actually awesome for us. We will be here for Cade's birthday, Zane's church program and Cade's school program. The only thing we will miss is Liam and Cade's program at church, but I am told they always video tape it so we can get a dvd. I can't tell you how excited I am and how much we have to do in the next 2 1/2 weeks, I am sure it will fly by! We probably won't get back until sometime the week of Christmas, so I've got some shopping to do for sure.
I'm leaving on a jet plane.........
Tutikpost
10 years ago
Congratulations! You are really close now. I know it will be a special Thanksgiving for you even if you do have to eat a Kazakh spread! Believe me when I say there won't be anything like a US meal in sight but you'll be so excited from meeting your daughter you won't care what you eat.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the next few crazy weeks!
Lou Ann
Congratulations! It sounds like you will probably be the first of us there! Happy packing!
ReplyDeleteLori