We had to say goodbye to the boys for a month and it was definately the hardest part of the trip so far. I know they will be in good hands and will be fine, but I miss them already! We are mostly organized, mostly packed, and mostly not going to sleep tonight. I'm pretty sure we are the only competely anal adoptive parents who felt we needed to clean out our garage and organize the cleaning supplies the night before we left. Oh well, we wouldn't be us without being crazy.
This time tomorrow we'll hopefully be snoozing on the way to Germany.
Auf Wiedersehen!
Tutikpost
10 years ago
Don't feel to anal. Cleaning the garage is on my list for tomorrow before we leave! And we are taking 3 bags (and 3 carry ons) also. I however get to blame it on the 4 year old!
ReplyDeleteHave a good flight and see you in Germany!
Lori
Congratulations and have a great time. It truly is the adventure of a life time so why shouldn't you travel like Indiana Jones!) I'm sure your daughter will appreciate your sacrifice.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels.
Lou Ann & Lexie
Have a safe trip! I will see you on Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteShauna
Safe journey! We will bathe the boys in attention. Just remember to take a breath before you freak out and if all else fails, take a whole instead of a half : ))
ReplyDeleteSafe travels! I'm thinking of you...and cleaning out my garage!
ReplyDelete;-)
Andrea
We definitely had a 'nesting' urge just before we left too. I think it's natural! I'm sure it was hard to leave the boys. We haven't been apart from Miras since we've been home. Safe and smooth travels and meeting of your little one!
ReplyDeleteWe can not wait to spend time with the boys. They are going to be spoiled rotten when you get home!
ReplyDelete