We are at exactly one week until takeoff. It is starting to really hit me that I won't see the boys for a month and I am getting a little weepy. They are getting a lot more sneaking kisses while they are sleeping and poor Zane is getting snuggled to death. I told him I had to fill up my snuggle bank while I'm gone and he just laughed. Thank God for Skype, we should be able to talk to them every day. It will still be incredibly hard, but we are so blessed that we have incredible grandmas that are stepping in to take care of them. I keep telling myself that on the other side of the world is a little girl whose snuggle bank is way below empty.
Tomorrow I go to get the last of the travel documents state certified and the final round of our Hep shots, so we are officially "ready". I'm sure there will be a flurry of last minute cleaning, packing the kids' bags for their weekend trips while we are gone and organizing all of the clutter of life. It is hard to believe that just over two weeks ago was election day and two weeks from now will be day 4 in Semey. Time flies!
Tutikpost
10 years ago
Sounds like you are ready to go! Snuggle banks full and all. We are just starting process #2 and, I have to admit, reluctant to leave our lil Squirt behind but yet somewhat reluctant to take him with...
ReplyDelete