I have made a decision as my dear friend Stephanie said, to "Put on my big girl panties and deal with it." We are taking the scary flight from Almaty to Semey. I did actually track down photos of the plane from another mom that has done the trip before, and it does not look as bad as some would lead you to believe. It is an older plane for sure, and small- but not the Indiana Jones Cargo Plane I was picturing. Our flight leaves Semey at 2 pm on Sunday November 30th. For you central time zone folks, that will be about 2 a.m. Sunday morning. I'll sure feel better knowing the wings of that plane are being lifted up with prayer.
On a less scary note, I also decided I'm just taking three bags. Its just not going in two, no way no how. That is even with me only taking 2 pairs of shoes!
Tutikpost
10 years ago
Good for you facing your fears! Really, you will be so out of it you won't notice. Plus you'll be so busy trying to carry all those bags yourself that you won't have time to contemplate it... Did they tell you that you'll need to load the bags yourself in the back of the plane? AND they charge overweight luggage fees (more important in Kaz than the number of pieces so I hope you packed fleece...)! Just make sure that you only pay one luggage fee at the check in counter and use your credit card. There are con-men who will try to get a second from you but they only take cash so just tell them you already paid and only have credit - no cash. Happy travels!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I am cheering you on to conquer (or at least deal with) your fear!!!
ReplyDeleteShauna
You go girl!!! It's going to be a great adventure
ReplyDeleteI will be a nervous wreck --Do what your Mother says and call home ASAP when you arrive.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you that angels will be completely surrounding you on this journey - especially when you are in the air!
ReplyDelete